Sunday, June 8, 2008

Orange Blast 2008

On 21st May 2008, Corporate Communication Strategies students of School of Linguistic Infrastructure and Liberal Studies (SOLILS), KLIUC organized an event, Orange Blast 2008. The event consists of an exhibition, a talk and a dinner. The exhibition was from 9am to 4pm, in which we exhibited the Kancil Award Materials courtesy of Association of Accredited Advertising Agents of Malaysia. After USM, we are the second institution in Malaysia that was given the honor to exhibit the materials. A talk, entitled, the future of media in Malaysia was delivered by our prominent tv host, Mr.Suhaimi Suliman who is attached with Astro Awani at the moment. As the educational element was already taken care of during the day with the talk and the exhibition, it was time to have a little fun as well. Palm Garden Resort, witnessed our grand dinner to mark the closing uf Orange Blast 2008. I gave my opening remarks for the event and hit started dinner. We had our own ban that performed, our own students that sang and a choir by my classmates.

As the project director, I could only smile and breathe when it was 11pm on the 21st, and I patted my self, saying, ITS ALL OVER.

I must give credit to my team member’s who gave me their undivided support in making this event a success. As the wise saying, organizing events like this bring you and your friends closer, I must admit its true. It showed me what a true friend means and also showed me how much I can trust people in life.

A good learning process, that’s something that every one of us would say as the experienced gained from this project, is something that I wouldn’t trade for.

Hope all of us can emulate this success to another event in the upcoming semester.










My Opening remarks for the night




My classmates and I performing our choir

The Exhibition

Mr.Suhaimi Sulaiman and I after his talk


The main board of Orange Blast 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Unknown said...

Memorable moments with KLIUC - Orange Blast.
Learned on many things - group work, group support, communicative skills, planning and many more.
*one thing i am really happy about la dei - I look way better now compared the 'me' in the picture you have posted!!! :-D
Love you guys and miss all of yout there!!!