Friday, May 9, 2008

InCID

International Conference on Infrastructure Development (InCID) was a conference organized by Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College. This two days event was one of the program planned in conjunction with their 10th Anniversary celebration. Themed “Ensuring Sustainable Nation Building for The 21st Century and Beyond” this international conference focused on the importance of sustainable nation building in various fields.

For those of you know me well, I’m sure it is lingering in your mind, why is a communication student involved in an Infrastructure Seminar? That’s precisely what all the 10 communication students who attended the seminar had in mind. We had our briefing on Monday, and the tentative program of the seminar was given, and all I could do is, nod my head and say, I’m going to waste my time over there. True enough I didn’t gain any valuable experience other then getting closer with my friends who participated.

To justify why I said that this conference wasn’t my ball game, tell me how you expect a communication student to understand and enjoy topics like “land development and technical difficulties”, Fatigue Performance Analysis of Flat Steel Box Girders” and many other ridiculous papers to my eyes and ears was presented. So how can I be wrong by saying this seminar was hopeless to me?

As for the management of my college that made it compulsory for selected students to attend regardless of your course background, I only have one thing so say- “ Thank you for giving me the chance to experience a seminar that to me was a FAILURE.”. Not many participants, hall filled with the college staff, forcing your own student to attend the conference to fill in the empty chair, forcing all lecturers’s to attend the opening ceremony.

The wise saying, “experience it the word every man gives for the mistake he has done”. I’m positive that our management will say it’s a learning experience. I would like to challenge the management, till when are you all going to keep saying that you are learning?

Stop wasting money on things that you know its beyond your capability to organize, instead, channel the fund for student project’s, and support student projects in college.

Despite the boredom that I had, my course mate’s and I enjoyed taking picture’s. Here are some of them for your pleasure of viewing…





The Machos..

Fasha and I....

Presenting on my topic.
The 'Uncle and Auntie's...'
Trying to concentrate during the conference...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah pink baju and red tie.
not bad.
hahah

Kamelia said...

Hello there!

Q123 said...

true true

The only extra things i know now is tat how d SMART tunnel was built n there are only 100 tunnel engineers in d world